The comments expressed in this blog are those of Sally Wallace and in no way represent the opinions of AED, the Fulbright Commission, or the Department of State of the US Government.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Meet the English Department at Lycée Vaugelas


Bonjour mes amis! I wanted you all to meet the members of the English Department at Lycée Vaugelas and their guests. There are 8 members of the department, including me. We had so much fun at a get-together last night at our home for the year. I love learning about their perspectives on education. Today is the first grève (strike) so I'm sure I'll learn a great deal today about how things operate. The strike today is a protest by teachers about the new educational reforms. Supposedly, there is another strike tomorrow protesting a change in retirement age. We are told that all public transportation will not be running tomorrow. We will see! I'll keep you posted.(no pun intended!!) Hope you all had a fun weekend!

Mme. Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment